This month, I’m going to be in Las Vegas for a few different conferences & events. Yay!
Now here’s the thing… I’m not much for Vegas.
Let me clarify, though. I’ve been to Vegas a number of times, and it has always been a great experience. I’ve attended seminars, met new people, ran into old friends and had a blast on some scary rides that were 1000 feet in the air.
I haven’t really been much into the whole casinos, clubs, lights and hype-y element of Las Vegas, though. Not that I’m protesting against it, it just doesn’t do anything for me.
I have, however, developed a fondness for luxury hotels.
Yes, I’ve stayed in a lot of cheap motels, slept in the car, crashed on couches, etc… and I usually love it. I continue to do so when appropriate, but let’s just pause for a moment. There IS something really beautiful about staying in a 5 Star Luxury Hotel and being treated like a king. In a subtle, but tangible way, it does something to my self-esteem. Makes me feel like I deserve the best of what the world has to offer, whatever it may be.
So, wanting to stay in a luxury hotel in Las Vegas, but finding that the one where my conference is being held was sold out, I turned to my twitter friends to ask them their input:
What’s your favorite hotel in Las Vegas?
And my friends chimed in with their opinions:
- @greghartle & @rlr2 suggested the Wynn. (Actually @rlr2 also suggested MGM Grande & Paris… apparently she loves Vegas)
- My new friend @hgreeley suggested “Pure, Ghost Bar, Rio.” (Maybe someone should mention that I don’t drink? lol)
- THE Hotel, Mandalay Bay were the hotels that @Rio_Cervantes suggested
- @manningfinance said that Mirage, Venetian were good ones, AND
- @angelar70 said that her daughter loves the Excalibur. It looks like a castle, who wouldn’t love it?
Then I checked out my Facebook feed and found Magellan Vacations who offered to do some research and find me the best deal around. (No cost to me… I think they liked me or something)
I’m a few days away from going and haven’t picked a hotel yet, though…
Which one do you suggest?
- Featured on Fox News – 12 Days of Holiday Giving Using Social Media
- A big THANK YOU from the blue hair…
- #12DaysOfGiving Day 12: Beth Kanter @Kanter & Sharing International
- #12DaysOfGiving Day 11: Lisa Hammond @thebarefootceo & Grameen America
- #12DaysOfGiving Day 10: Dan Meyer @halfdan & @Compassion International
SQIAR BI: Thanks a lot for sharing this with all f
From tweet to meet: Collaboration 2.0 | DesignBusiness: [...] and influence in social media to s
A Brief History of Social Media Fundraising | HelpAttack!: [...] #12DaysOfGiving (December) [...]
Michelle Sedas: Thank you, Lovely Lisa, for letting your
Michelle Sedas: I'd really *like* to get a "12" tattoo o
- #12DaysOfGiving (15)
- Arizona (17)
- Costa Rica (3)
- Denver (8)
- Georgia (1)
- Indiana (1)
- Main Content (2)
- Manitoba (14)
- Meetups / Tweetups (14)
- Nevada (4)
- New York (1)
- North Dakota (1)
- Social Media Adventure in the Media (13)
- Social Media Quirks (17)
- Tennessee (1)
- Texas (1)
- Tidbits (2)
- Utah (9)
- Videos (3)
- Wisconsin (2)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (16)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (3)
- August 2011 (4)
- July 2011 (3)
- April 2011 (2)
- March 2011 (3)
- January 2011 (4)
- December 2010 (2)
- November 2010 (2)
- October 2010 (2)
- September 2010 (1)
- August 2010 (5)
- July 2010 (3)
- June 2010 (6)
- May 2010 (5)
- April 2010 (5)
- March 2010 (3)
- November 2009 (2)
- October 2009 (1)
- August 2009 (2)
- July 2009 (16)
- June 2009 (3)
- May 2009 (1)