You know, it’s funny.
I travel all over the USA and Canada on the Social Media Adventure. I get requests from Facebook & Twitter friends from all over the world requesting that I come visit their tweetups or meet them in person. I get text messages and phone calls from social media connections from literally every continent (except Antarctica).
Then, a tweetup happens in my own home town, and I don’t ever hear about it.
Maybe I should be taking a hint…. (I’m deciding to blame it on logistics instead)
Thankfully, @Denezy one of the people that I connected with via twitter while on my road trip to Atlanta was thoughtful enough to send me a text message:
You going to that tweetup at 6:30pm?
It was 5:45pm. I was also wearing pajamas because I was working from home all day. Oh, did I mention that it was over an hour away? (Mental calculation: 5:45pm + 1 hour drive + 6:30pm Start Time = fashionably late OR another speeding ticket)
Bumblebee is always game for a fast drive, but having had 3 tickets in a month is enough to slow a guy down for a little bit… I opted for fashionably late.
The meetup was held at The Inn At The Forks, one of Winnipeg’s coolest hotels. And, to make it even cooler, I found out that one of old friends, Neil (who I haven’t seen in years), had just started working there a week before.
Some of the other awesome people who were hanging out were:
- @WpgPeanut – The mastermind behind this awesome event
- @RonCantiveros – Publisher of the Filipino Journal, and friend of many years.
- @JFratthe – Arguably he is Winnipeg’s coolest real estate agent. Fact.
- @Snowbear -This dude is one of the funnest, most easy going people I’ve met
- @BadmanRiddim – 100% keeping it real… no pretense in this guy at all.
- @joshjmg – I don’t know if it’s because I own a multimedia company or I just have super powers, but I knew that this guy was a media wizard the second I saw him. Need media? Talk to this guy!
- @GenePolice – I went a read her blog after first following and saw immediate congruency… this woman loves her children, and knows her own awesomeness.
- @InnatTheForks – our most gracious host… thanks for the awesome evening!
There were others, too. I liked them all but I don’t remember all their twitter names. Actually, some of them have protected tweets or weren’t even on twitter… should I leave them out? lol
Don’t worry, they might be edited into the list after I recall who they were… (or, if you see you weren’t included in the list, leave a comment or tweet me and I’ll fix it up ASAP.)
So, if you ever find yourself in Winnipeg, Manitoba, be sure to connect with some of my awesome new friends. You can always give me a shout, I may just be in town.
Oh yeah, and there’s video footage. I’m sure it will leak out soon enough… 😉
- Featured on Fox News – 12 Days of Holiday Giving Using Social Media
- A big THANK YOU from the blue hair…
- #12DaysOfGiving Day 12: Beth Kanter @Kanter & Sharing International
- #12DaysOfGiving Day 11: Lisa Hammond @thebarefootceo & Grameen America
- #12DaysOfGiving Day 10: Dan Meyer @halfdan & @Compassion International
SQIAR BI: Thanks a lot for sharing this with all f
From tweet to meet: Collaboration 2.0 | DesignBusiness: [...] and influence in social media to s
A Brief History of Social Media Fundraising | HelpAttack!: [...] #12DaysOfGiving (December) [...]
Michelle Sedas: Thank you, Lovely Lisa, for letting your
Michelle Sedas: I'd really *like* to get a "12" tattoo o
- #12DaysOfGiving (15)
- Arizona (17)
- Costa Rica (3)
- Denver (8)
- Georgia (1)
- Indiana (1)
- Main Content (2)
- Manitoba (14)
- Meetups / Tweetups (14)
- Nevada (4)
- New York (1)
- North Dakota (1)
- Social Media Adventure in the Media (13)
- Social Media Quirks (17)
- Tennessee (1)
- Texas (1)
- Tidbits (2)
- Utah (9)
- Videos (3)
- Wisconsin (2)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (16)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (3)
- August 2011 (4)
- July 2011 (3)
- April 2011 (2)
- March 2011 (3)
- January 2011 (4)
- December 2010 (2)
- November 2010 (2)
- October 2010 (2)
- September 2010 (1)
- August 2010 (5)
- July 2010 (3)
- June 2010 (6)
- May 2010 (5)
- April 2010 (5)
- March 2010 (3)
- November 2009 (2)
- October 2009 (1)
- August 2009 (2)
- July 2009 (16)
- June 2009 (3)
- May 2009 (1)