I had to see if the rumors were true. They weren’t.
“Those rumors”, referring to all the buzz on the internet – including the Wall Street Journal – about AJ Bombers (A restaurant & pub in Milwaukee) being a really cool place to hangout and eat good hamburgers.
Well, it’s not so much that the rumors were false, per se, just grossly understated.
AJ Bombers was amazing.
Deciding that it was the perfect place to act as the first stop on the Social Media Adventure, we arranged a tweetup and invited some of our friends from around the Milwaukee area. Joe, the owner of AJ Bombers tweeted it out to all of his friends and 4 days later we had a party at in the burger joint!
Here are some of the people who came out to play:
- First on the list, Michelle @mmangen – to see the story of how we met, check out this earlier post. Since then we have become super good friends and Michelle basically runs my entire business. God bless virtual assistants.
- Mark Tojek @mtojek – Mark’s tweets helped keep me safe and alert while on the drive into Milwaukee. (Thanks dude!) Check out his http://bookkeepersblog.com for a bunch of helpful tips on the accounting side of your business.
- Ed @edcetera – What more needs to be said about someone called Ed Cetera? Master mobile application developer. You probably can’t afford him, but if you are serious about building a mobile application, you’ll do everything in your power to hire him.
- Val @ValAlba – Val’s smile was infectious and heart warming! If I didn’t already have the great virtual assistant in the world, I would hire Val.
- Janet @janetjanowiak – This woman was a blast! Not only can you sense that she is a master at making businesses more efficient, she also has a wicked sense of humor and loves to have fun!
- Okay these two were absolute riot! @AndeeVosters and @kmwoodke were friends from a marketing agency that they worked at years ago. Now they are both working as marketing consultants on their own… Oh, and they both just radiate awesomeness. They had me smiling and laughing the whole time!
The whole group left our mark on the restaurant. Literally. The coolest thing about AJ Bombers is that they encourage everyone to write on the walls and leave their twitter names for everyone to see. (You’d better hurry, though, space is moving quickly…) Some of the other awesome things about AJ Bombers include:
- The P-Nut bombs. I won’t even try to describe them. Just know that they rock and that you need to get down there to see them. Now.
- The floors. Beautiful slate tiles, totally covered in peanut shells. A touch of class and a boatload of personality.
- The food! I had one of the famous Bomber Burgers… it was HUGE, and tasty as heck. I decided to follow it up with a Cajun Burger. Mmmmmm, amazing! (Yes, I consume on average 5000 calories a day…seriously)
- The staff. They were so much fun that we took pictures and made videos with them. (Joe, sorry if we distracted them from “working”…)
The only complaint I had about the whole experience was that they ran out of jalapenos. But I can’t blame Joe or anyone at AJ Bombers. I blame March Madness.
- Featured on Fox News – 12 Days of Holiday Giving Using Social Media
- A big THANK YOU from the blue hair…
- #12DaysOfGiving Day 12: Beth Kanter @Kanter & Sharing International
- #12DaysOfGiving Day 11: Lisa Hammond @thebarefootceo & Grameen America
- #12DaysOfGiving Day 10: Dan Meyer @halfdan & @Compassion International
SQIAR BI: Thanks a lot for sharing this with all f
From tweet to meet: Collaboration 2.0 | DesignBusiness: [...] and influence in social media to s
A Brief History of Social Media Fundraising | HelpAttack!: [...] #12DaysOfGiving (December) [...]
Michelle Sedas: Thank you, Lovely Lisa, for letting your
Michelle Sedas: I'd really *like* to get a "12" tattoo o
- #12DaysOfGiving (15)
- Arizona (17)
- Costa Rica (3)
- Denver (8)
- Georgia (1)
- Indiana (1)
- Main Content (2)
- Manitoba (14)
- Meetups / Tweetups (14)
- Nevada (4)
- New York (1)
- North Dakota (1)
- Social Media Adventure in the Media (13)
- Social Media Quirks (17)
- Tennessee (1)
- Texas (1)
- Tidbits (2)
- Utah (9)
- Videos (3)
- Wisconsin (2)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (16)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (3)
- August 2011 (4)
- July 2011 (3)
- April 2011 (2)
- March 2011 (3)
- January 2011 (4)
- December 2010 (2)
- November 2010 (2)
- October 2010 (2)
- September 2010 (1)
- August 2010 (5)
- July 2010 (3)
- June 2010 (6)
- May 2010 (5)
- April 2010 (5)
- March 2010 (3)
- November 2009 (2)
- October 2009 (1)
- August 2009 (2)
- July 2009 (16)
- June 2009 (3)
- May 2009 (1)