Hey! Welcome to Day 5 of the #12DaysOfGiving Challenge!
This project has been a powerful testament to the power of community. What started as a simple idea and conversation between two people has evolved into a viral movement involving 1000’s of people. Thank YOU for being a part of it.
I believe that we can help each of the charities involved, but also help remind everyone out there how good their lives really are, and inspire them to give back. (Because giving kicks ass, of course)
My charity of choice? The National Autism Association.
Why the National Autism Association?
Did you know that in 1980, 1 in 5000 children were affected by Autism? Now, that number is 1 in 110. Let that sink in… 1 in 110 kids born today will be affected by the Autism Spectrum Disorder. And, if your baby happens to be a boy, it’s 1 in 70. (Having a penis seems less cooler than it did 5 minutes ago, doesn’t it?)
What does Autism mean? I’m not a doctor, so I’m not qualified to explain it all, but can you imagine having a child that you can never hug? That will never say “I love you” to you, their parent? This is just a small part of what Autism may mean.
Basically, Autism sucks.
I’m offering my body – to YOU – on behalf of Autism
Earlier this year, I did the Bad Hair Fundraising Challenge for Autismand we raised over $2100.This time, we’re making it more awesome… If we can raise $2000 by the time the #12DaysOfGiving challenge is over, I’ll dye my hair bright blue. I’ll keep it that way. I’ll post it as my Twitter avatar, my Facebook profile, I’ll go to business meetings with it. I’m willing to kick ass in whatever I way I can.
Will you join me?
Getting Involved Is Cooler Than You Think!
Wanna kick ass? Here are 2 totally awesome ways that you can:
- Skip the latte! Or whatever it is… skip it, and give the $10 (or more) to some beautiful young children who need it more than you do. Do it here: Crowdrise.com/12DaysNAA(If you do this, let me know what you skipped. I want to recognize you and shout it out from the rooftops!)
- Use your superpowers for Good! If you can’t afford the $10, then maybe you know 5 people who can? Join the team by asking your family, friends or coworkers (or people who don’t like you) to donate $10. It’s easy, just join the crew at Crowdrise.com/12DaysNAAand you’ll get your very own link to use. Sweet, huh?(If you do this, I’ve got an AWESOME prize pack for you, including some precious Crowdrise gear and a few top-secret items…)
- Featured on Fox News – 12 Days of Holiday Giving Using Social Media
- A big THANK YOU from the blue hair…
- #12DaysOfGiving Day 12: Beth Kanter @Kanter & Sharing International
- #12DaysOfGiving Day 11: Lisa Hammond @thebarefootceo & Grameen America
- #12DaysOfGiving Day 10: Dan Meyer @halfdan & @Compassion International
SQIAR BI: Thanks a lot for sharing this with all f
From tweet to meet: Collaboration 2.0 | DesignBusiness: [...] and influence in social media to s
A Brief History of Social Media Fundraising | HelpAttack!: [...] #12DaysOfGiving (December) [...]
Michelle Sedas: Thank you, Lovely Lisa, for letting your
Michelle Sedas: I'd really *like* to get a "12" tattoo o
- #12DaysOfGiving (15)
- Arizona (17)
- Costa Rica (3)
- Denver (8)
- Georgia (1)
- Indiana (1)
- Main Content (2)
- Manitoba (14)
- Meetups / Tweetups (14)
- Nevada (4)
- New York (1)
- North Dakota (1)
- Social Media Adventure in the Media (13)
- Social Media Quirks (17)
- Tennessee (1)
- Texas (1)
- Tidbits (2)
- Utah (9)
- Videos (3)
- Wisconsin (2)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (16)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (3)
- August 2011 (4)
- July 2011 (3)
- April 2011 (2)
- March 2011 (3)
- January 2011 (4)
- December 2010 (2)
- November 2010 (2)
- October 2010 (2)
- September 2010 (1)
- August 2010 (5)
- July 2010 (3)
- June 2010 (6)
- May 2010 (5)
- April 2010 (5)
- March 2010 (3)
- November 2009 (2)
- October 2009 (1)
- August 2009 (2)
- July 2009 (16)
- June 2009 (3)
- May 2009 (1)